Web Wise Forum on Facebook Web Wise Forum on Twitter Web Wise Forum on Google+ Web Wise Forum on StumbleUpon Web Wise Forum on Digg
Domainmonster.com Domain Name Registration

Wordpress Guide

Web Hosting Forum - Discuss: Website Hosting, VPS Hosting, Webhost, Cloud hosting, Reseller Hosting and Free Web Hosting.

Wordpress Guide

Postby Barney » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:00 am

I recently wrote an article for our sponsors Domainmonster.com on the Wordpress CMS and why you should use it!

Wordpress began as a blogging system way back in 2003. Since then it has built a huge community of users and won numerous industry awards. In the beginning it was a single page where blog posts could be added. Now you can add multiple pages, which can be static, or contain mini blogs of their own. The administrative backend of Wordpress is simple to use and extremely user friendly. This makes it extremely good for first time web designers looking to create a professional looking site with the minimum of coding, graphical editing or testing. There are some extremely prestigious clients using Wordpress, ranging from Volkswagen to Sony to CNN to Jay Z!

Read the full article here!

Hope you enjoy it!

Post your thoughts and feedback on this thread.

Sam
Barney

Re: Wordpress Guide

Postby Domain Del » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:33 am

Hi Barney,

I've only used wordpress once, and to be honest I found it tricky to get on with. Once you understand how it works and you get going it becomes easier to pick up, but the first part of understanding it for a novice web designer is quite difficult. I guess it's a case of having to just get on with it, and then picking it up as you go along.

What other similar apps could I use instead of Wordpress? or better still do you know of any good site builders that are a lot simpler? I want to create some web pages for each of my domains, but don't need a separate hosting package for each (too expensive) and want something simple and quick to build. any ideas?

Thanks,

Del
Domain Del
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dream of a better tomorrow…
where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned
Domain Del

Postby domainz » Tue May 01, 2012 12:10 pm

Barney mentioned that wordpress was offered by Domainmonster.com, they also have a site builder that's pretty easy to use. It's called Sitemonster Pro - they've got more info at http://www.domainmonster.com/sitemonsterpro/.

Having said that though Del, they do offer other application installations on their hosting system that you could try (Drupal, Joomla), also you don't need seperate hosting for every site you want to create, you can have upto 100 domains on the top package!

Dmz
domainz

Postby Barney » Thu May 03, 2012 5:06 pm

Domain Del wrote:Hi Barney,

I've only used wordpress once, and to be honest I found it tricky to get on with. Once you understand how it works and you get going it becomes easier to pick up, but the first part of understanding it for a novice web designer is quite difficult. I guess it's a case of having to just get on with it, and then picking it up as you go along.

What other similar apps could I use instead of Wordpress? or better still do you know of any good site builders that are a lot simpler? I want to create some web pages for each of my domains, but don't need a separate hosting package for each (too expensive) and want something simple and quick to build. any ideas?

Thanks,

Del

A quick Google search for "WordPress Tutorial" brings up loads of results.

You can learn by watching videos on YouTube, reading articles or getting an ebook! It's a learning curve for everyone but if you dive in head first, you can learn really quickly! Producing top quality websites has never been easier in my opinion!
Please PM me with any problems you are having with the forum. You can also email us here.
Barney

Postby nomis » Mon May 07, 2012 11:33 pm

Using WordPress out of the box is so easy my Gran could probably have something up and running in under an hour.

http://www.wpview.com/blog/38-excellent ... nners-pro/
nomis

Postby Pauly_Paul » Fri May 23, 2014 2:09 pm

I can see Domainmonster dont offfer the aforementioned sitemonster pro package anymore but rather something called "website builder". Is this just a new name for the same product or is it actually a new product?
Pauly_Paul

Postby SEOpreme » Fri May 23, 2014 3:45 pm

It's actually anew product and in my honest opinion, far superior to that old site monster pro. I use wordpress myself however my sister has a site on "website Builder" and its a very good example of how such a product should be ie USER FRIENDLY. Take a look here http://www.domainmonster.com/website-builder/
SEOpreme

Return to Web Hosting Forum - Website Hosting - VPS Hosting - Webhost