Web Wise Forum on Facebook Web Wise Forum on Twitter Web Wise Forum on Google+ Web Wise Forum on StumbleUpon Web Wise Forum on Digg
Domainmonster.com Domain Name Registration

VPS vs Shared vs Dedicated

Web Hosting Forum - Discuss: Website Hosting, VPS Hosting, Webhost, Cloud hosting, Reseller Hosting and Free Web Hosting.

VPS vs Shared vs Dedicated

Postby Doogle » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:32 pm

I understand the difference between the three.

Why would you bother to go with a VPS over shared hosting.

Surely you would have to be hosting an awful lot of sites to make having a VPS worthwhile?

Does anyone here have a VPS? Guess it would be useful for certain things, maybe mail servers and stuff, but just for hosting websites? Surely a decent shared hosting package is much better value for money...
Doogle

Re: VPS vs Shared vs Dedicated

Postby Barney » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:52 am

Normally shared hosting is fine.

It's when you start attracting more traffic or generating much larger user bases when a VPS comes in incredibly useful.

It's a case of invest when you need to! Shared hosting will be perfect for most websites. Infinitely better value for 98% of people.
Please PM me with any problems you are having with the forum. You can also email us here.
Barney

Re: VPS vs Shared vs Dedicated

Postby Pauly_Paul » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:28 am

I tottally agree with this. I once considered aquiring VPS but when I sat down and thought about it, there would have been no clear advantages and my wallet would have been significantly lighter!!
Pauly_Paul

Return to Web Hosting Forum - Website Hosting - VPS Hosting - Webhost